The ICZM Process - a Roadmap towards Coastal Sustainability - Analysis and Future
||Analysis and Futures||
||Setting the Vision||
||Designing the Future||
||Realising the Vision||
The overall aim of Analysis & Futures stage is to add substance to the issues end aspirations initially identified – making the invisible visible and engaging stakeholders in the search for outcomes.
1. Building the Evidence - closer analysis of key issues where needed.
2. Identifying futures – building scenarios, options, and testing - including pilot actions.
The objectives of the Analysis & Futures stage are therefore:
- To substantiate the issues and problems through more rigorous analysis and review – to describe the present ‘State’ and likely future trends.
- Through the use of tools and scenarios to generate and test alternative views of the future.
- To lay the foundations of future cooperation and implementation through pilot actions and the identification of future funding sources.
‘State’ Report and future trends.
Alternative scenarios and a participative process.
A preliminary schedule of future funding sources for plan implementation.
The first pilot actions where appropriate.
An Indicator Matrix to be ‘populated’ throughout the following stages of the ICZM process and its implementation.