Introduction to WoRCS
The World Register of marine Cave Species (WoRCS) aims to create a comprehensive taxonomic
and ecological database of species known from marine and anchialine cave environments worldwide.
The assembled data will form a Thematic Species Database (TSD) of WoRMS. The cave-related information
will be managed by the WoRCS thematic editors in collaboration with the taxonomic editors of WoRMS,
who manage the taxonomic content. The creation of this database will allow for an accurate assessment
of the diversity and distribution of such faunas, and will provide information vital for evidence-based
[Add] [Older news... ]
WoRCS in the 14th ICZEGAR Congress (Thessaloniki, Greece)
Added on: 2019-06-30 22:13:33 by Gerovasileiou, VasilisThe WoRCS initiative was presented in the 14th International on the Zoogeography and Ecology of Greece and Adjacent Regions (ICZEGAR) in Thessaloniki, Greece (27-30 June 2019) ...
WoRCS in the 5th European Conference on Scientific Diving (Sopot, Poland)
Added on: 2019-05-06 17:43:14 by Gerovasileiou, VasilisThe WoRCS initiative was presented to the 5th European Conference on Scientific Diving in Sopot, Poland (24-27 April 2019). ...
4th International Symposium on Anchialine Ecosystems
Added on: 2018-09-17 18:02:09 by Gerovasileiou, VasilisJoin us in Lanzarote, 1-7 October 2018 ...
WoRCS Editorial Team
Please contact the most relevant editor according to the roles listed below.
Editor Group (* founding editors)
- Álvarez Noguera, Fernando: Arthropoda (* Anchialine caves, Central America, South America)
- Bailly, Nicolas: Chaetognatha, Pisces (* data management, Arctic, Southern Ocean)
- Becking, Leontine E.: Porifera (Anchialine lakes and pools, Indo-Pacific Islands)
- Boxshall, Geoff: Crustacea (* Anchialine caves)
- Gerovasileiou, Vasilis: Biota (* Coordinator/networking, Marine caves, Mediterranean Sea, Sessile Fauna)
- Humphreys, William F.: Animalia (* Anchialine caves, Australasia)
- Iliffe, Thomas M.: Crustacea (* Marine caves, Anchialine caves, North America, Caribbean Sea, Bahamas, Bermuda)
- Jaume, Damià: Crustacea, Thermosbaenacea (* Anchialine caves, Mediterranean Sea)
- Martínez García, Alejandro: Biota (* Marine caves, Anchialine caves, Atlantic Oceanic Islands, Africa, Cuba, Meiobenthic groups)
- Muricy, Guilherme: Porifera (marine caves, South America)
- van Hengstum, Peter J.: Amoebozoa, Foraminifera (marine & anchialine caves, North America)
- Yamasaki, Hiroshi: Cephalorhyncha (Marine caves, Asia, Meiobenthic groups)
Gerovasileiou, V.; Martínez García, A.; Álvarez Noguera, F.; Boxshall, G.; Humphreys, W.F.; Jaume, D.; Becking, L.E.; Muricy, G.; van Hengstum, P.J.; Yamasaki, H.; Bailly, N.; Iliffe, T.M. (2019). World Register of Marine Cave Species (WoRCS). Accessed at http://www.marinespecies.org/worcs on 2019-10-15. doi:10.14284/351
Editor Group institutions
Sponsors, Donors and Supporters